Friday, March 18, 2005

Philadephia, MS


Clifton and I took a 45 minute drive to see Philadelphia, MS.
There wasn't much to see.
This is a water tower.
.
Martin Luther King visited Philadelphia and stood on the courthouse steps after the killings of three civil rights workers in 1964. Simon and Garfunkel wrote a song about the three workers (he was my brother?). Watch Mississippi Burning (starring my favorite old man actor of the moment, gene hackman) it is all about the tragic events that took place that summer. Wilem (or however you spell his first name) Defoe is in it too. yessss.

The first time I visited this place was in 1997 or was is 1998... on a school trip for a civil rights history class that I was taking. I NEVER would have thought that seven years later I would be living less than an hour away.


This is a seafood/steakhouse that was in the middle of no where on the way to philly. It was located at the end of a road. Very strange.

Comments:
Gene Hackman is the man. I saw Heist again the other day, and it is basically just Hackman being old and cool through the whole thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?