Sunday, February 27, 2005

Netflix

We finally caught up with our last Netflix shipment.
We have been so busy these past couple of weeks that we have been neglecting our ever so important movie watching.

I watched The Conversation (1974, Francis Ford Coppela) with Gene Hackman and the ever so wonderful, ever so tragically dead John Cazale. Cliff fell asleep and I stayed up and just freaking devoured the film. I LOVE Gene Hackman. I LOVE him in everything that he is in (well, maybe not Welcome To Moosport with Ray Romano...but I haven't seen it, so I am just making assumptions...but seriously Gene, are you really going to make the piece of turd your last movie? Do you want to end a BRILLIANT film career with that?? I digress). And John Cazale wasn't as gross as he usually is in other films. He just was a cool, dorky dude. Again, I love so many movies from the 1970s...watching this just only reinforced my love even more.

Last night we made an awesome dinner, I bought a bottle of wine and we watched Mystery Train (1989, Jim Jarmusch). Again, another great movie. I love Jim Jarmusch and I love Netflix because we can get the movies that we want without being chained to our local mississippi blockbuster or our freaking mississippi movie theater...though I so so so miss going to the theater and watching movies. That is one of my most favorite things to do. I frantically check the movie listings every week in hopes that a film that I want to watch is going to be shown, but I am only saddened when my options are either a. a shitty horror movie (what is UP with the spread of BAD horror films lately? I mean, I will totally go and watch a good one, but BOOGEYMAN? THE CURSE?) b. some freaking winnie the pooh movie or a movie about a dog named after a dirty grocery store (at least the winn dixie in starkville was the most filthy grocery store I had ever been in) c. a will smith rom-com
THAT IS IT! OUR OPTIONS! AHHHHH!!!!
Sideways was here for, oh, two days before it was replaced with THE WEDDING DATE.

so netflix, I love you.

Comments:
color me totally weirded out by your river house row. i love the netflix too much as well. we currently have door in the floor, 21 grams, and shipping news. three great movies delivered to our door and four people + can watch them for the price of one person trekking through the frozen arctic tundra to the theater twice.
 
We just recently got fed up with Blockbuster and switched to Netflix. We've received 5 movies so far in good time - I'm more than happy with their service - but their selection is the best part. I have a whole mess of samurai movies coming. After that is a whole mess of Hitchcock. After that I may go back to samurai flicks. I could never rent some of these before, in fact the only way you could watch some of these is to just purchase them sight unseen.

I heart Netflix.
 
How can you bring up The Conversation without mentioning the apperance of a young and hunky Harrison Ford? Yeah, so what if he's only got like four lines, but without him the whole movie would have totally fallen apart!

Okay, so maybe not.

And I totally agree, Gene Hackman definitely rules. Who else could play Royal Tanenbaum, Lex Luthor, and Popeye Doyle? Nobody.Well, maybe Harrison Ford, but that's it! Ummm, forget I said that (and forget that whole "hunky" thing too).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?