Thursday, November 18, 2004

Peach Snapple, Law and Order

Episode of Law and Order: SVU is coming on in a couple of minutes. Drinking Peach Snapple Iced Tea and eating Generic Christmas Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. This is what I have planned for my dinner tonight. Cliff is at his web class and I am getting ready to resize a ton of photos for obsessiveconsumption.com

Money magazine article isn't coming out until January. So all of you who were checking your local newstand EVERY SINGLE DAY in FURIOUS ANTICIPATION will have to wait a couple weeks. I am actually pretty happy about the delay. They are including a photo from the photo shoot (see an earlier blog entry) and also an image of one of my credit card drawings. I don't know how the content of the article will be. I am rather nervous about that. The article is more photo based than text based, so the actual text is about 10 sentences. Everything is pretty condensed...it will probably come out like "LOOK! SHE SPENDS A LOT OF MONEY! SHE IS IN DEBT! SHE IS CRAZY AND HAS A WEBSITE AND MAKES WORK ABOUT IT! LET'S MAKE HER FEEL LIKE HER WORK IS WEIRD AND THAT SHE IS WASTING HER TIME AND THAT WE SEE HER AS MORE OF A FREAK THAN AN ARTIST! Money called four times today to fact check info and to ask a couple more questions. I felt like I was being steered into answers. I am glad they fact checked though. They had the web site as www.obsessiveconsumer.com. That would not have been cool. They also had a couple of other errors that got corrected.

I am excited that in the photo from the shoot a print from Kristen is visible on the wall...so a little bit of Kristen is in the photo with me as well! There is a Micki ceramic piece on a shelf and a Sandra W. plate visible as well. So more Nebraska sneaking into Mississippi makes me feel good. I wish that I had the foresight so arrange work from more of my everso talented friends, but at the time I had NO FREAKING IDEA of what was going on and it was just good luck that Kristen happens to be featured.

Tomorrow is my last day of classes and then I have a week off for Thanksgiving Break. We are making handmade books/zines in my Typography class and it has been a huge production. Each student has to make an edition of 16 and the majority of them love it! Totally understand the excitement of self publishing and are really taking pride in creating a quality product. Tomorrow is our book exchange (everyone gets a copy of everybody's book). But I have a couple students who just really don't care and have been whining about it since day one. For example, I had one student tell me that he was just going to throw away all of the books that he gets tomorrow because he doesn't know what he is going to do with them and why should he want to keep them. Oh and then he complained about how much it was costing and how he was going to have to stay up all night to finish it. This was also the same kid who argued with me last week that Flappers were from the 1940's not the 1920's, called F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ella Fitzgerald and that World War Two happened in the 1950's...so I shouldn't be surprised that 16 handmade books were going to go straight into the garbage.

God, I sound old and cranky.
sorry.
I really am not.

I just want to state that I have been really happy with the resurgence of blogs from my college of the ozarks friends. Will, Tony, Zach and Riley...it has been super fun reading your entries and commenting on crap that I haven't even thought of in many many years. It has also been fun having you guys back on my radar on a daily basis and reading about your "now" life too. cheese.

I can't believe I have written this much.
I promise it won't happen again.
I swear that I will return to posting pictures and making sarcastic, emotionally detached comments asap.




Comments:
i realized that money magazine is the magazine that has promoted the awesomeness of cofo since like 1989.
 
I can't wait to get a copy of Money. That'll be great!

-max
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?