Monday, October 25, 2004

My sad, stuffed, creations...

Hey, look at my really, really bad pieces of stuffed crap that I made on my sewing machine.

Example

Now before anyone thinks that I am supposed to have SKILLZ because I have my MFA, back off.
I am teaching myself to sew.

Now, if I hadn't acted like the disgusting, spoiled, obnoxious teenager when my mom (a skilled seamstress, I might add) had tried to show me how to sew when I was 13, my sorry looking stuffed dollar signs (which is what these pieces of poo are supposed to be) might look like works of art.

oh and I made a pillow too.

It is coming along.
At least my sewing machine is, as in the words of Paris Hilton, "hot".
I mean, it really is. Look at that 1970's styling...the excellent placement of the faux wood. My sewing machine is too good for me.

Comments:
These look drug-induced, like something out of H.R. Puffenstuff. I think they're cool just the way they are!

-max
 
oh, gee, thanks max.
They will get better. I will not rest until I have an entire fleet of stuffed dollar signs. I swear.
 
Hey, at least you have the excuse that you didn't listen when Mom tried to teach you. Everything she taught me has since left my head.

And I agree, they look like something from H.R. Pufinstuf.
 
When will your battlestation be fully operational to house your impending doom fleet of dollar signs, oh Emperor Kate?

Or will the battlestation just be a shoe box?

I still think they are cool; the lumps add flavor!

-max
 
oh the battle station will be up and running soon.
seriously, I want tons of these.

and to address Kory:
You learned piano really well from her. That stuck in your head..again, I acted like a sulky teenager and decided it wasn't cool to play piano and quit after I learned the entertainer...which I can still play to this day, I might add.
 
Oh yeah. The piano. I forgot about the piano.

I think the moral of this story is that neither of us can sew. But you're learning! Yay!

-Kory
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?