Friday, November 19, 2004

books, movies and tags

Cliff is working on a website for the next 30 minutes and then we are going to start watching the movies that we just rented for the MSU library. The library informed me tonight that I had exceeded my check out allowance...I really have no idea how many books faculty can check out, but I am sure that I did abuse whatever amount that it might have been. We have been checking books out on a pretty frequent basis and I am pretty sure that we have never returned one.

I just have to state I love being able to check books out for four months at a time.

I was in the architecture library this week when I was reunited with a book that I had checked out from UNL library the entire time I was in grad school.

Deep Storage: Collecting, Storing and Archiving Art

It is my favorite book of all time and out of print. It was one of those books that I wanted to just pay the $75.00 library fine for losing a book just so I could keep it myself. I remember zachusing the library as a bookstore when we were in undergrad and he found a limited editioned (and I think signed) Bukowski book. The fine was only $7.50 though. Anyway... when we first got here in June I checked to see if the Campus Library had it and was ever so sad to see that it didn't and for some reason it didn't show the Architecture Library as having it. BUT I HAVE IT NOW! I HAVE BEEN REUNITED WITH MY GOOD LUCK LIBRARY BOOK. and you can bet that I will have it in my possession until we leave Mississippi.

anyway, DVDs from the library that we checked out: Tootsie, Gosford Park, Tomb Raider and The Sweet Hereafter.

I stole the new Print Regional Annual from school along with the fall Eye Magazine for some more weekend reading. I am also re-reading Diane Arbus by Patricia Bosworth before I go to sleep at night and am at the point where I am sad that it is going to end soon. I feel like Arbus has always been one of my favorites, but I am really getting a lot out of re-reading her biography. This may sound corny, but I am getting over my fear of taking photos in Mississippi. I felt very comfortable in Lincoln shooting everywhere: stores, parking lots, neighborhoods etc, but here I have just felt incredibly intimidated.

I need to get over that.

I had some of my credit card drawings accepted to blank-magazine. They want to publish my thesis abstract as well.

Using Thanksgiving Break to work on site and to send my application to The Soap Factory in Minneapolis for the 2005 show season. I am making myself do this. I must get this done.

In case you haven't realized this is the post where Kate gets used to creating reference tags in her entries.
The End

Comments:
"that is one nutty hospital." the best fucking line in tootsie. i remember that bukowski incident. i think trent walters signed it just to be naughty.
 
Which Bukowski book was it?! You can't just toss that out there!

-max
 
Are we talking about...gasp...removing a LIBRARY book FROM a collection? Marion
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?